I don’t see a reason to stop posting right now, despite the fact that I am not sure its appropriate with the current climate to be talking about things when human lives are being fought for. However, as a Black creator I’m going to keep posting, because this is a good place for me to unload after being tense 24/7 with everything else.
Support BLM. Here for more information. If you are protesting, please be safe.
And now, justly named…
May 2020 Owl Crate: Rebels with a Cause.
What the Box contains:
- Wooden Magnet by Juniper and Ivy Designs with a quote from The Bone Season
- Stainless Steel Straw Set with a canvas bag designed by @paperbackbones inspired by An Ember in the Ashes
- Pot Holders by Little Inklings Designs inspired by Heart of Iron
- Enamel Pin by Pennyslug Design inspired by Incendiary
- Vinyl Stickers by Nerdy Ink with quotes from Margaret Atwood, Neil Shusterman, Caroline Caldwell, and Marie Rutkoski
- Graphic Novel, Witchy by Ariel Slamet Ries
- Icendiary by Zoraida Córdova
Straw Canvas Bag: So long as you fight the darkness, you stand in the light.
Pot Holders: (1.) May the stars keep you steady (2.) and the iron keep you safe.
Magnet: Never allow yourself to believe you should be silent.
– Neal Shusterman : Hope in the shadow of fear is the world’s most powerful motivator
– Caroline Caldwell : In a society that profits from your self-doubt, liking yourself is a rebellious act
– Marie Rutkoski : You are your own beast weapon
– Margaret Atwood : Nolite te bastardes carborundorum (Don’t let the bastards grind you down)
Things I’ll use: Just about everything, honestly. The straws, now I have ten more. The two holo ones I’mma put with my holo utensil set i got in that one FL box, actually. And then I’m going to place the others in other bags I have. The Stickers are actually a bit big to go in my quote book, I think. So I’ll have to figure something our for them. Pin to pin flag. Magnet to white board. Pot Holders, well, I’m going to put them away with my apron for now actually, but I will use them one day.
Books: We got a graphic novel and a fantasy novel in this box. Two books. The graphic novel is a magic system based on the length of one’s hair and that is interestinggg. I am going to probably read Witchy way faster than I read Icendiary, if we are being honest. Just because I read graphic novels and manga so fast. Either way, these books both seem interesting. Here learn more! Incediary | Witchy
In general, I did like this box. I think that when compared to the last one, I’m like “oh. okay.” I think the last one spoiled me because of how magical it was. However, I got two interesting books from this, so… In general, June/July box influx is going to be massive, however. Unicorn June/July. Hopefully, April/May/and June FL boxes. Owl Crate June. I should also be getting a few other sequels? I hope.
Next post coming soon.