Alright, last post for today. I know you’ve gotten so many already. I promise this is it! HAHA. Just my TBR for the month. I have decided to try to keep it simple, I suppose. Classics are my goal for this month, out of the classics that I own. Along with catching up on all the webnovels I’ve been slacking off on. This means two things.
1. I will not be writing reviews for these. At all. Some of these are rereads. Some of them are first reads. If I have quotes I love, I’ll note them but I will not be reviewing them because I just can’t.
2. This means you will probably only be getting one review a week until I get content back up. This includes any series rereads like the Negotiator Trilogy or His Dark Materials.
Anyway, here is to June being more productive for my blog. I have so many things on my blog that I just haven’t posted and here is to be, hopefully, posting it all. Anyway.
When curating this list, I picked a lot of books that I know are things that people talk about as well as a few that are unknown to me. Some are big and more difficult. Others will be quick reads. There is nothing set in stone and truthfully this goal is probably the most fun of the ones I’ve done because I’m REALLY expecting myself to hate this whole thing. Like, I really want to read these books. But they have a different writing language that requires me to read differently. And often slower and thus I’mma “hate” it.
Its fine tho, this is gonna be a lot of fun. Cuz some of these I’ve been DYING to read (Frankenstein anyone?).
Single Novel List
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne
- Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
- Heidi by Johanna Spyri
- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
- The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard pyle
- Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
- Treasurer Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Billy Budd and the Piazza Tales by Herman Melville
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry
- This Side of Innocence by Taylor caldwell
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- The Agony and the Ecstasy by Irving Stone
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
So here you have it. My classics list. For this month at least. I have a few others on my shelves that are not here, but hopefully I can cut this list down. I really want to, too. Frankenstein first then Peter Pan. Then Great Expectations (REREAD TIME. I love this book so much). From there. I’ll pick and choose what feels right.
Book Club Books
- The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson (not pictured)
- Beautiful Music for Ugly Children by Kirstin Cronn-Mills
- One Of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManns
Here we are. My book club books. Pride was actually moved to this month too, but I finished it in May. So when we have that book club, you’ll get that review. Otherwise. I’m so HYPE to finally have a reason to read Mistborn. As if I needed a reason to read Mistborn.
Extras that I Just Need to Finish
- Fire and Blood by George R.R. Martin
- The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman
- The Subtle Knife by Phillip Pullman
- The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman
As I mentioned before. The Golden Compass and rest of His Dark Materials, I’ve already read in the past. This is a reread. Fire & Blood is just there, as always. Taking up my Current Reads shelf like a menacing monster.
Here are my books for June on my TBR, Current Reads shelf. I don’t think I’ve ever explained that, but I have a massive TBR shelf with all the books I have to read. Then I have a smaller shelf that I call my Current Reads shelf. It is where I house the books I plan to read that month. If I don’t get to it, it goes back to the massive TBR, for another date.
My current goal is to cut down that TBR shelf before I really go on a shopping spree for books. And it is taking a while lol. I often put books back, after all.